Wednesday 1 July 2015

Heaven In A Fancy Glass - A Summer Smoothie



July has officially arrived and there is a heatwave on the way (apparently), so what better way to celebrate summer than with a delicious and refreshing smoothie!  I love summer because the weather is warmer (most of the time) and because the nicest fruit is available.  A personal favourite fruit of mine are strawberries and so I love to use them in an array of tasty smoothies!

Over the past couple of weeks I've been experimenting with different types of smoothies and I think I've found the perfect one.  It's a perfect mixture of sweetness and all the amazing flavours of my favourite fruits.  It's so quick and easy to make that you just can't go wrong!  

So whip out the sunglasses, lather up with sun cream and sit back in the sun with this delightful drink in your hand!


Ingredients:
(serves 2)
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Nectarine
  • 8 Strawberries
  • 75 ml of apple juice
  • 150 ml of natural yoghurt
  • Ice



Method:

  1. Chop up your banana, strawberries and nectarine.
  2. Put all the fruit into a blender along with the apple juice and natural yoghurt.
  3. Add in some ice cubes so your smoothie will be nice and cold.  I usually add about six.
  4. Put the lid on the blender (very important), plug it in (also very important) and blend all your ingredients together until they are completely smooth and there are no lumps of ice.
  5. When you've done that, get out a fancy glass.  It's summer, spoil yourself!  Pour the smoothie mixture into the glass.
  6. If you want to be even more fancy you could always stick an extra strawberry on the side of the glass and drizzle some honey on top of the smoothie.
  7. Drink and enjoy the heavenly flavour!

I hope you enjoyed my little recipe!  I think smoothies are amazing.  They are simply delicious AND they're healthy which is a bonus!  Let me know if you tried this and until next time...

I'll see ya when I see ya!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious!
    I love a good smoothie so I'll definitely be trying out this recipe :)
    Thanks for sharing!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is delicious! :)

      Delete