Saturday 8 August 2015

What I Keep In My Clutch (Debs Edition)

Debs season is officially on full swing!  I had mine on Wednesday and it was definitely one of the best nights of my life so far!  Good food, great company and amazing style, what more could you want?  Apart from the dress, shoes and jewellery, a clutch bag is also an important part of your outfit.  It's where you keep all the essentials for the night.  It has to look good with your dress and be practical at the same time.  

One of the most difficult things to decide on is what to put in it.  Most clutch bags don't fit a lot of things so this is where common sense comes in handy.  What do I really need to carry?  If you're still struggling in this department, fear not!  In this blog post I'm going to tell you what I carried just to give you a few ideas and help you along a little.




First of all, my clutch bag was a lovely silver colour with tiny silver gems along the middle.  I bought it in an accessories shop called Tiffany.  It also had a silver chain attached to put it on my shoulder if I wanted.

Tickets:  The tickets are essential.  You paid a lot of money for them so it wouldn't be any good turning up without them and then not being let inside.  Although, to be honest nobody collected my tickets so you could be lucky but I don't think I would risk it.



ID:  Again I didn't need to use my ID on the night but you never know when you could be the unlucky one who gets asked for it.  It never hurts to be extra prepared!

Money:  When do you not need money?  No matter what you are doing, never leave the house without money.  The debs is no exception.

Blotting Sheets:  I wouldn't say that these are essential but they definitely come in handy.  I had never used them before but since the debs was coming up I decided to give them a go.  No one wants a shiny face in pictures.  The great thing about blotting sheets is that not only do they remove the shine but they don't remove the makeup!

Concealer:  My makeup lasted all night.  I don't know how but it did.  In case you're one of those people whose makeup always melts off their face concealer is a must.  Touch up in the bathroom every now and again and no one will know the difference!  My go to concealer is the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and I use it in the shade 10 Ivory.

Lipstick:  Lipstick just can't stay on all night.  It needs to be topped up so make sure you have it in your clutch.  The lipstick I wore was the No. 7 Moisture Drench lipstick in the shade Sugar Plum, a gorgeous pinky purple colour.



Your Phone:  I don't think anyone would forget to bring their phone anywhere since they are pretty much glued to our hands these days.  Phones are essential for taking pictures so you can look back on the memories and also to call anyone in an emergency.  Hopefully there won't be any emergencies.  Always remember not to spend the whole night on your phone.  Be happy with the company around you on the night.  You don't need to communicate with anyone else.


There you have it.  Those were the things I kept in my clutch for my debs.  I hope you found this post helpful and until then...

I'll see ya when I see ya!





2 comments:

  1. Ahh I need that concealer and lipstick!

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs
    www.lifestyleandlaffs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've recently become obsessed with that lipstick. I love it! :)

      Delete