Saturday 1 August 2015

Review: Breaking Bad

I'm not one for watching a lot of television series but when my brother bought the box set of Breaking Bad I thought "why not?".  It soon became part of the family routine.  Every night my dad, my brother and I would watch at least two episodes.  We became hooked and got so involved in the storyline and the characters.  It was widely discussed at the dinner table: our thoughts on last nights episode or our guesses for the next.  It was much to the annoyance of my mother I'm sure!



We finished all six seasons, sitting at the edge of our seats throughout the whole final episode.  It's been about a week and for the first time in my life I'm experiencing that withdrawn feeling.  I don't know what to do with myself anymore!  To fill in some time I thought I would give my opinion on the whole Breaking Bad series without giving too much away!

If you haven't seen it, it's basically about a high school chemistry teacher who has cancer and who struggles with money problems.  To help his family escape these troubles he decides to start cooking meth in secret and finds himself being dragged deeper and deeper into the dangerous drug dealing business.



The first season is one of my favourites.  The main character, Walter White, is no naive and clueless about dealing drugs.  Every situation he finds himself in is hilarious.  He eventually teams up with a past pupil of his, Jesse Pinkman, and together they cook the best meth around.

Throughout the whole series Walt and Jesse have dealings with many interesting characters including a dodgy lawyer, Saul Goodman, who I love, and many unpredictable and scary kingpins.  I was always kept on tenterhooks!

I found one season in particular quite slow and a little boring.  I found myself wondering if I would be able to finish it.  I needn't have worried because season five and six are the best of them all.  Things get really heated up and there is much tension and suspense.



The character development is incredible!  You find yourself hating the majority of the characters at some stages and completely drawn to them in others.  Each character is so unique with their own individual backgrounds which keeps everything interesting.  Although they are each so different their stories tie together seamlessly.

I would highly recommend you watch Breaking Bad.  It is truly gripping!  The storyline is incredible and will easily get you hooked.  I hope you enjoyed this review.  Let me know of any other series you think I should watch and until then...

I'll see ya when I see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment