Thursday 10 September 2015

Questions I Get Asked Before I Leave For College

I'm counting down the days until I leave for college.  3 days to be exact.  I can't wait!  As the time gets nearer and nearer I get more excited but my parents get more nervous.  Lately they've been asking me a lot of questions making sure that I am fully prepared for college life and also to give themselves some piece of mind.  Here's a little taster of the questions I get asked!

1) Do you have everything you need?:  I reply the same way I did the last fifty times I've been asked this question.  I think I have everything but could you be more specific because at the same time I'm not sure.
2) Do you have enough clothes?:  A girl can never have enough clothes but I think I have enough to get by.
3) Do you have a decent pair of shoes?  You'll be doing a lot of walking:  What exactly do you mean by a decent pair of shoes?
4) What if it rains?  Then I'll bring an umbrella.
5) Do you have enough paracetamol, plasters etc.?:  Yes but you're probably going to pack a first aid kit for me anyway.
6) Is there a doctor on campus?:  Yes.
7) Is there an ATM nearby?:  Yes.
8) Do you have enough credit on your phone?:  Yes and I'll top up if I need to.
9) Do you know anyone else going to the same college?:  Not really, but then again college is for making new friends!
10) Do you know you're way around campus?:  I'll get to know my way around.  Don't worry, in a few weeks I'll know the campus like the back of my hand!
11) Do you know where the nearest supermarket is?:  Of course, I wouldn't go anywhere without knowing where Aldi/Lidl are.  They are a college students best friend.
12) You won't stay out late every night, will you?:  It's college.  I'm a fresher.  Nuff said!
13) How much food do you need to bring?:  Not much.  There's a supermarket nearby.
14) You won't buy food on campus everyday, will you?:  I don't think I will be able to afford that but that Starbucks will tempt me.
15) Do you have enough stationary?:  Yes and I'll get more if I need it.
16) Do you have enough towels and bed sheets?:  Yes.
17) Do you need anymore bags to carry all your belongings?:  I think at this stage I have more bags than belongings.
18) Do you know what time the buses run?:  Yes don't worry I won't miss the bus.
19) Do you have your registration sorted out?:  Yes, almost.
20) Are there any more fees to be paid?:  Not that I know of for the moment.
So there are 20 questions (whoa!) that I get asked regularly since I'm going to college soon.  I think I may have missed out on a few but you get the picture.  Households get so busy this time of year you'd swear the whole family were heading off to college.  With all the fuss my parents are making you'd think I was moving to Alaska and not just two hours up the road.  My mother even bought me an extendable swat to keep all the bugs away!
I hope you enjoyed this post and until then...
I'll see ya when I see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment