Saturday 18 April 2015

Je suis in trouble for my French orals

The Irish orals have come to an end and that means French orals are only around the corner.  I was nervous enough for the Irish oral but French is a different story altogether!  I can at least make up some half decent Irish in my head but when it comes to French I have to learn everything off by heart and if I forget one word it messes the whole thing up.  It's at times like this when you really wish you were multilingual. (Why couldn't I have been born French?).  Not only am I terrible at speaking French but my head is still thinking in Irish which complicates the situation even more.

What I don't understand is why we're not taught how to speak French that will actually be useful in the future.  Take for example if I went on holiday to France and went to a nice restaurant, I wouldn't be able to tell the waiter what I want to eat! 
     'Sorry, I can't pronounce anything on the menu but I could tell you my life story instead if you'd like or maybe my opinion on gender equality?'.  (Life skills.)

Anyway, that's my rant over but it looks like I have a long week ahead. ;(  Best of luck to everyone doing oral exams.

Blue-eyed Brunette.

No comments:

Post a Comment