Wednesday 22 April 2015

My Favourite Music

 I am a huge music lover, music is my life!  Though I don't play an instrument I have still used my mother's saucepans as drums and tissue boxes as guitars.  I sing my heart out even when nobody wants to hear it and I am constantly listening to music on the radio or on my CDs.  (Yes people still listen to CDs.)  I thought in this blog post I would share my favourite musical artists with you and tell you why I love them so much! 
1) Ed Sheeran
Of course I have to mention this legend!  He will go down in history as a great talent and if he doesn't, then something has gone seriously wrong with the world.  I have lost count of the amount of times I have listened to X and everything he does just makes me love him even more.
Image result for ed sheeran
2) Sam Smith
That one singer who will always bring you to tears.  His voice is so full of raw emotion that you feel everything he feels.  It's incredible!  Don't worry Sam, I will stay with you!
Image result for sam smith
3) Ellie Goulding
I have to admit that I wasn't always a huge fan of Ellie Goulding.  To me, she was just one of those singers who was played on the radio and I didn't pay much attention to her.  That all changed when I went to see her in Dublin with my friends.  The energy and the atmosphere was electric.  She really knows how to work the stage.  I have become obsessed with Ellie Goulding since that concert.  All her songs are amazing!  And her voice is incredible!
Image result for ellie goulding
4) Hozier
When I think of how much success Hozier has had in such a short space of time, it makes me so proud to be Irish.  He has such a unique voice that gives me goose bumps.  He is also the most genuine person and comes across as so polite and humble during interviews, you can't help but love him.  He definitely makes Ireland proud!
Image result for hozier
5) Kodaline
More Irish people!  They're just four lads from Dublin who know how to make good music.  High Hopes is definitely their most popular song and the cause of their rise to fame.  It almost brings me to tears when I listen to it.  I am just in love with this band and I will never tire of them.
Image result for kodaline
6) Bastille
Where do I even begin?  When I first bought their album 'Bad Blood' I only knew a few of their songs.  They were very different to what I usually listened to so I was a bit sceptical but I needn't have been.  Each song on the album was better than the last.  They are all so unique and almost haunting.  And by the way, if you have never heard their cover of 'O Holy Night' then you have not lived!  Just saying!  Now I'm just waiting for them to come to Ireland.  When I imagine a Bastille concert I just... I can't even explain how amazing it would be!

Image result for bastille
7) Imagine Dragons
Again, these guys were so different to what I usually listened to.  Radioactive was played so much on the radio that I had to find out who they were and then when I heard Demons I knew I had found something else to add to my list of musical obsessions.  Amazing!
Image result for imagine dragons
So those are my favourite musical artists at the moment.  If I discover any more I'll let you know but until then I'll see ya when I see ya!
Blue-eyed Brunette.


No comments:

Post a Comment