Sunday 24 January 2016

Town vs. Country

Hello!  I'm back after my four month hiatus.  Life just kind of got in the way what with college and trying to settle into new surroundings.  Since I'm nice and settled now I thought I would pick up where I left off and write my blog again because I was starting to really miss it.  Hopefully I will be able to put up regular posts again full of fresh new content (and a fresh layout if you hadn't already noticed).  So without further ado, let's get started!

I will always be a country girl at heart but because I've started college I am now living in an urban area.  Since moving from the country side to the town I have noticed quite a few differences between both of them; some positive and some negative.  So in this blog post I thought I would discuss some of those differences with you.  Enjoy!

Courtesy of: WeHeartIt


WiFi everywhere!!

Yeah so obviously this is one of the most important differences.  Trying to get WiFi in the country side is like trying to get a phone signal in the middle of nowhere.  This may be the 21st century but you still need to hold your phone up to the heavens in order to get any kind of signal.  If you are lucky enough to get some you might be waiting a good five minutes for you Facebook news-feed to load.  In a town or city you can go into almost any shop, college campus or public transport and you have free and fast WiFi.  It's amazing.

Public Transport

It's only when you actually start to use it on a regular basis that you realise how much public transport there is and how many people use it.  Whenever I'm in the car I'm really conscious of the number of buses that are also on the road.  Plus, public transport is extremely convenient for getting from place to place.  Even though it can be a pain at times to use I wish there was something like it in the country side.  Instead I'm under pressure to start learning how to drive and I really should do something about that soon.

Courtesy of: WeHeartIt
The Social Life

My social life at home is non-existent, especially since the majority of my friends live half an hour away (this is where public transport would be handy).  When I'm in college I'm within walking distance from my friends and also within walking distance from the night life.  Feeling bored?  Just walk over to your friends apartment.  Feeling bored in the country side?  Tough, read a book or something!

Personal Appearance

This is just my personal opinion but I feel as though it's not really acceptable to look to casual when you're walking around an urban area.  At home in the country side you'll find me in tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie.  Not very attractive I know but I'm comfortable.  In college I wouldn't dream about going out in public without a nice pair of jeans and a nice top of jumper and some kind of makeup on.  It is a bit annoying sometimes to have to but in the extra effort but at the same time I feel like I'm getting somewhere in life.

Freedom

I feel like I have more freedom living in a town.  I can go where ever I want to easily (public transport) and I can be whoever I want to because no one knows who I am.  In the country side everyone knows you and you end up acting more reserved.  In the town you're allowed to be a bit crazier and it's perfectly normal!

Noise

I'm lucky enough with my college accommodation that there isn't much noise but there is still the odd plane flying overhead or train bustling by and of course many more cars than you would find in the country side.  It takes a bit of getting used to when you've listened to nothing but silence at night for nineteen years.

So those are just a few differences that I have noticed since my move to an urban area.  I hope you like this post and could relate to some of the things mentioned.  Until next time (hopefully sooner that four months) I'll see ya when I see ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment