Wednesday 15 July 2015

Have I Made The Right Decision For College?



It is now July and so that means that summer is in full swing.  In just two months I will be starting college for the first time.  The CAO is now officially closed.  There is no going back.  The courses I have chosen are going to stick and I can't change my mind.  I can only go forward.  This has made me think about the choices I have made in regards to college.  I have begun questioning myself.  Have I made the right decision?  Is this course really the right one for me?  Is this college really where I want to spend the next 3-4 years of my life?  Did I do enough research because sometimes I feel like I should have done more?

Starting college for the first time is scary.  The decisions I make now will have an effect on my future and that is quite a load to have on my shoulders.  I can really feel the weight of it all.  I should be enjoying my summer but instead I'm worrying about college and having to find accommodation.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm even ready for college.  It scares me to think that I might end up hating my course and that I will realise I have made a big mistake.  What if I can't adjust to life away from home?

These thoughts and many more are constantly spiralling around in my mind.  I had a lot of doubts about the top course on my CAO and that I wouldn't be able for it.  Recently when I tell people what I want to study they say:  "Why am I not surprised?".  This response has made me feel a lot better about the choice that I have made.  Other people can see this as the right course for me even when I don't.  I know it's early stages yet to be judging the course but I'm feeling a lot more positive about it and genuinely excited to start college.

College is just another learning curve and a part of growing up.  As time moves on I might do a few more posts taking you on this journey which is one of the reasons I started this blog in the first place.  The next two months will fly by and I will be starting my new life before I know it!

Until next time...

I'll see ya when I see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment