Monday 4 May 2015

5 Ways to Stay Positive and Avoid Stress

Image result for staying positive
Staying positive can be really difficult at times especially when nothing seems to be going right and your stress levels are through the roof.  People between the age of 18 and 33 tend to suffer the most from stress and although I am only 18 I already agree.  In this blog post I will be telling you 5 ways in which you can stay positive no matter what life throws at you.  They may seem a little cliché but they really do work!
1)  Surround yourself with positive people: 
Positivity can be infectious!  If you are with a group of people who do nothing but complain about everything wrong with the world then you will end up thinking negatively too.  Positive people look on the bright side of things and if you surround yourself with these kind of people you will begin to realise that every cloud has a silver lining!
2)  Do something you love: 
I am constantly being told in school not to give up my hobbies in order to make time for study.  Although exams are consuming 99% of my time I still like to keep that 1% for myself and do something other than study.  For me, I like to read, write blog posts, watch YouTube videos or binge watch Home and Away.  For others it might be music or sport.  Whatever it is, continue doing it.  It will keep you sane!
3)  Exercise: 
This leads on from my previous point.  If you play sport, excellent!  Keep doing it.  If you don't play sport then just go for a walk.  It will clear your mind and allow you to think of something less stressful.  A clear mind means there is more room for positivity!
4)  Eat healthily:
Chocolate and crisps seem great at times but make you feel heavy and drowsy after a while.  Instead of a chocolate bar eat a piece of fruit.  You will feel much more positive knowing you are being good to your body.
5)  Take one thing at a time:
Sometimes we seem to have the weight of the world on our shoulders and things go from bad to worse.  Just when you think that life couldn't get anymore difficult, something else lands on top of you.  To avoid this I would advise making a list of everything you need to do, take a deep breath, and start from the top until you work your way down to the end.  Forget about the million other things you have on your mind and just concentrate on one thing.  Once that's sorted move onto the next and so on.  You'll feel much more positive once that list gets shorter!
So those are just a few ideas on how to stay positive.  No matter what life throws at you, know you can get past it.  There is always a light at the end of the tunnel!
Until next time, I'll see ya when I see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment