Monday 15 June 2015

My Favourite Books

I am a complete book worm.  I love books and try to read as much as possible.  I'm a true believer in hard copies.  Downloading books onto a kindle or tablet is fine but there is nothing as good as the physical thing.  The crisp pages and that book smell is just amazing!  Since I am a book lover I thought I would share the love around and tell you about some of my favourite books.
1)  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green:
Obviously this book had to be included in the list.  I heard loads of people go on and on about it and so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  If you've been living under a rock and haven't heard about this book it's about two teenagers who have cancer.  They fall in love and their story is so heart wrenching and beautiful.  It will definitely cause tears but there are also plenty of more light hearted moments, a must read!
2)  Harry Potter 1-7 by J.K. Rowling:
I just want to be clear that I am a huge Harry Potter fan!  I have seen the movies countless times which are amazing but the books are something else.  You become enraptured in this magical fantasy of spells and magic and you wish your Hogwarts letter hadn't got lost in the post.  If you haven't read these books yet, please do!  Don't be intimidated by their size.  You cannot consider yourself a true fan unless you have read these books.

3)  The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer:
These books and the films have been given a lot of negative publicity but I have to admit that I actually really like the Twilight Saga.  I am a twihard and I'm not ashamed!  So the storyline is a bit farfetched, who cares?  If any girl had two extremely good looking chaps fighting for her attention, I don't think she would complain.  Even if they both happen to be mythical monsters.  (I'm team Edward by the way if you were wondering).

4)  The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare:
I absolutely love these books!  Once I began reading the first one, I couldn't stop.  I ploughed through them and was very upset when I finished them.  These books are a mixture of action, love, dark magic, mythical creatures and so one.  If you're into fantasy books, The Mortal Instruments is for you!  And don't be too upset when you finish them, you can still read The Internal Devices which are also just as brilliant and the Bane Chronicles if you want to know why Magnus Bane is banned from Peru!

5)  North Child by Edith Pateau:
This book has a slight fairy-tale element to it.  It's about a girl called Rose who is the youngest child in a big family.  Her mother is very superstitious and believes that all children born facing the North will travel far from home and will die an icy death.  Since Rose was born facing North her mother is very protective of her.  One day a white bear comes to take her away to a far off place, to a castle in a mountain.  The whole book is full of superstition and mystery, with Troll Queens and big white bears.  It is written from the perspective of many of the characters which I found made the story very interesting.  North Child is definitely worth the read!

A few other favourites:
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Hush Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick
His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman

So there are just a few of my favourite books/ series.  Most of them are quite popular but if you have any other recommendations then let me know.

Until then I'll see ya when I see ya!







No comments:

Post a Comment