Saturday 13 June 2015

Things That Keep Me Sane

On the lead up to the exams there were many times when I had a mini breakdown.  I let all my stress overwhelm me.  During these stressful times there were a few things that kept me sane.  in this little blog post I'm going to tell about some of those things.
 

 
 
Singing:
Just to make it clear, I'm no Beyoncé.  I don't sing in front of crowds and I don't do singing lessons.  I sing for myself because I love it.  I sing all the time just around the house.  A few weeks ago, my mother told me that she admired me because I still sang even though I had so much on my plate.  For me, singing was a stress reliever and definitely kept me sane.
 
Music:
Leading on from singing I also love listening to music.  Some weekends I would take a couple of hours off from studying.  I would play some of my favourite CDs and lie on my bed just listening to them.  Afterwards I would feel so relaxed.  For those few hours I could shut out the rest of the world and forget about everything I had to do.
 
Reading:
Reading obviously had to make this list.  I am a complete book worm and have to have a book by my bed at all times.  While I was studying I would learn a certain topic, read a chapter of my book and then repeat the cycle.  Looking forward to reading the next chapter motivated me to study and get it done.  Then I could relax for half an hour before getting stuck in again.
 
Blogging:
Blogging has only become a very recent hobby of mine and I love it!  My blog is a place where I can be myself and write about what interests me.  I didn't blog last week because I was too busy studying.  My blog gave me something to strive towards and look forward to.  I couldn't wait for summer so I could give 100% to my blog.  Through all the laborious work I knew there was something good at the end of it all.
 
So those are a few things that kept me sane during the exams.  Hopefully, they will continue to keep me sane in the future!
 
Until next time... I'll see ya when I see ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment